Item - 2021.NY26.10
- This item was considered by North York Community Council on September 13, 2021 and was adopted with amendments.
NY26.10 - Preliminary Report - Zoning By-law Amendment and Plan of Subdivision Applications - 1 to 3 Concorde Gate and 10 to 12 Concorde Place
- Decision Type:
- 16 - Don Valley East
Community Council Decision
North York Community Council directed that:
1. Staff schedule a virtual community consultation meeting for the applications located at 1 to 3 Concorde Gate, and 10 to 12 Concorde Place together with the Ward Councillor.
2. Notice for the virtual community consultation meeting be given to landowners and residents within 120 metres of the application site, and to additional residents, institutions and owners to be determined in consultation with the Ward Councillor, with any additional mailing costs to be borne by the applicant.
3. Staff undertake a Focused Area Study of the area bound by the Don Valley Parkway to the west, the CPR rail to the north, Eglinton Avenue East to the south, and the Charles Sauriol Conservation Area to the east.
4. Direct staff to review the applications concurrently and within the context of the Focused Area Study.
5. Direct staff to consider, and report back in October 2021, on extending the boundary of the Focus Area Study to include 197, 205, and 215 Wynford Drive.
This report provides information and identifies a preliminary set of issues regarding the applications located at 1 to 3 Concorde Gate and 10 to 12 Concorde Place.
The Rezoning Application and associated Plan of Subdivision application propose to demolish the existing office buildings on the lands at 1 to 3 Concorde Gate and 10 to 12 Concorde Place. The applications propose to redevelop the lands with five residential and mixed-use buildings consisting of nine towers ranging in height from 40 to 52 storeys. Overall, the application proposes a total of 4,086 dwelling units, 307,004 square metres of residential space, 841 square metres of retail space, and 437 square metres of community space. The overall gross floor area proposed is 308,284 square metres, which results in an overall density of 9.95 for the lands.
A Plan of Subdivision application has been submitted as the proposal includes two new public parks located at the north and south ends of the site, fronting onto Concorde Place, which will have a combined area of 3,690 square metres. Additionally, a new L-shaped public street is proposed to bisect the 10-12 Concorde Place property in a north-south direction.
Staff recommend that a Focused Area Study be undertaken for the area bounded by the Don Valley Parkway to the west, the CPR rail to the north, Eglinton Avenue East to the south, and the Charles Sauriol Conservation Area to the east, as a result of the significant scale of development proposals in the area. The local area study would develop a planning framework, including a set of policies to guide development for a complete community, which supports the Mixed Use Areas, Apartment Neighbourhoods and Natural Areas designations.
Staff are currently reviewing the applications. The applications have been circulated to all appropriate agencies and City divisions for comment. Staff will proceed to schedule a virtual community consultation meeting for the applications in consultation with the Ward Councillor.
(September 9, 2021) Letter from Jason Park, Devine Park LLP (NY.New)
(September 10, 2021) Submission from Geoff Hedges, President of the Board of MTCC638 Highgate Condominiums (NY.New)
(September 10, 2021) E-mail from CP Proximity-Ontario (NY.New)
(September 12, 2021) E-mail from Iris Singh, Board President, MTCC1012 (NY.New)
(September 12, 2021) Letter from Geoff Kettel and Cathie Macdonald, Co-Chairs, FoNTRA (NY.New)
Geoff Hedges, President, MTCC 638 (Submission Filed)
Geoff Kettel, Co-Chair, Federation of North Toronto Residents Assns (FoNTRA)
That North York Community Council:
1. Direct the Acting Director, Community Planning North York district to consider, and report back in October 2021 on extending the boundary of the Focus Area Study to include 197, 205, and 215 Wynford Drive.