Item - 2020.TE18.21
- This item was considered by Toronto and East York Community Council on September 16, 2020 and was adopted without amendment. City Council has delegated authority for this matter to the Toronto and East York Community Council and therefore, the decision is final.
TE18.21 - Front Yard Parking Appeal - 77 Poplar Plains Crescent
- Decision Type:
- Schedule Type:
- 12 - Toronto - St. Paul's
Community Council Decision
The Toronto and East York Community Council :
1. Denied the request for front yard parking at 77 Poplar Plains Crescent.
This staff report is about a matter which Community Council has delegated authority from City Council to make a final decision.
Transportation Services has assessed an appeal from the owner of 77 Poplar Plains Crescent for front yard parking. Front yard parking at this location is not recommended because it did not meet the polling requirement of the City of Toronto Municipal Code Chapter 918. The Code does not permit the licensing of a front yard parking pad where there is a negative poll result. The owner will be given an opportunity to make a deputation before Community Council.
That the Toronto and East York Community Council grant the appeal for front yard parking at 77 Poplar Plains Crescent, with the following conditions:
1. the parking area be 2.6 metres in width and 5.4 metres in length;
2. register the release and abandonment of the right-of-way/mutual driveway;
3. the applicant pay for the reinstatement of full curb for abandoned right-of- way/mutual drive;
4. the applicant pay for the installation of the permanent ramp to service the parking pad;
5. the applicant shall submit an application to injure or remove trees to Urban Forestry, as per City of Toronto Municipal Code Chapter 813;
6. the applicant contact Urban Forestry in order to comply with any and all requirements in accordance with the City of Toronto Tree Protection Policy and Specification for Construction Near Trees as construction is proposed near or within the tree protection zone;
7. the applicant disconnect any downspouts, if feasible, or seek an exemption from Toronto Water in accordance with the requirements in Chapter 681-11(S);
8. the applicant provide the landscape features substantially in accordance with the plan as indicated in Attachment 'A', attached to the report (August 24, 2020) from the Manager, Permits and Enforcement - Parking, Transportation Services, to the satisfaction of the General Manager of Transportation Services; and
9. the applicant pay all applicable fees and comply with all other criteria set out in the City of Toronto Municipal Code Chapter 918, Parking on Residential Front Yards and Boulevards.