Item - 2020.TE16.38
- This item was considered by Toronto and East York Community Council on July 16, 2020 and was adopted without amendment. City Council has delegated authority for this matter to the Toronto and East York Community Council and therefore, the decision is final.
TE16.38 - Construction Staging Area Time Extension - Forest Hill Road (200 St. Clair Avenue West)
- Decision Type:
- Schedule Type:
- 12 - Toronto - St. Paul's
Community Council Decision
The Toronto and East York Community Council:
1. Authorized the continuation of the closure of the east sidewalk on Forest Hill Road, between St. Clair Avenue West and a point 40.5 metres north, from August 1, 2020 to March 31, 2021.
2. Directed the applicant to continue posting a 24-hour monitored construction hotline number on the hoarding board, which must be prominently placed and legible from 20 metres and on all elevations from the construction site.
3. Directed the applicant to continue providing and installing public art, including mural artwork, onto every elevation of the hoarding board with adequate spotlighting for night-time illumination, at their sole cost, to the satisfaction of the Ward Councillor.
4. Directed that Forest Hill Road be returned to its pre-construction conditions when the project is complete.
This staff report is about a matter that Community Council has delegated authority to make a final decision, provided that it is not amended so that it varies with City policy or by-laws.
Accel Construction Management Incorporated is constructing a 12-storey residential condominium building at 200 St. Clair Avenue West. The east sidewalk on Forest Hill Road abutting the site is currently closed for construction staging operations. Toronto and East York Committee Council, at its meeting on July 4, 2018, approved the subject construction staging area on Forest Hill Road from June 13, 2018 to July 31, 2020.
The developer has requested an extension of the duration of the construction staging area on Forest Hill Road, as the site has experienced a number of construction delays due to equipment malfunction and shortage of sub-contractors during the formwork phase.
Transportation Services is requesting authorization to extend the duration of the construction staging area on Forest Hill Road for an additional eight months (i.e. from August 1, 2020 to March 31, 2021), in order to complete the construction of the development.