Item - 2018.MM36.32
- City Council adopted this item on January 31, 2018 without amendments.
MM36.32 - The Aviary 482 and 484 Front Street East - Liquor Licence Application - File 819428 - by Councillor Lucy Troisi, seconded by Councillor Gary Crawford
- Decision Type:
- 28 - Toronto Centre-Rosedale
City Council Decision
City Council on January 31 and February 1, 2018, adopted the following:
1. City Council direct the City Clerk to advise the Registrar of the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario that the liquor licence application by 10414638 Canada Corp. operating at 482 and 484 Front Street East is not in the public interest having regard to the needs and wishes of the residents, and that the Registrar should issue either a Proposal to Review or a Proposal to Refuse the liquor licence application.
2. City Council request the Licence Appeal Tribunal to provide the City with an opportunity to be made party to any proceedings with respect to the Premises.
3. City Council authorize the City Solicitor to attend all proceedings before the Licence Appeal Tribunal in this matter and direct the City Solicitor to take all necessary action so as to give effect to this Motion, including determining whether the application ought to be refused outright or whether the application can be supported with conditions to the liquor licence, all in consultation with the Ward Councillor.
Background Information (City Council)
Motions (City Council)
That Councillor Lucy Troisi be permitted to add to the agenda of today's meeting an urgent Motion without Notice concerning:
Liquor Licence Application - The Aviary 482 and 484 Front Street East - File 819428
Reason for Urgency:
This Motion is urgent as the deadline for comment is January 31, 2018.