Item - 2018.MM36.27
MM36.27 - 1755 Bayview Avenue - Intention To Designate Under Part IV, Section 29 of The Ontario Heritage Act - by Councillor Jon Burnside, seconded by Councillor Josh Colle
- Decision Type:
- 26 - Don Valley West
City Council Decision
City Council on January 31 and February 1, 2018, adopted the following:
1. City Council include the property at 1755 Bayview Avenue on the City of Toronto's Heritage Register.
2. City Council state its intention to designate the property at 1755 Bayview Avenue under Part IV, Section 29 of the Ontario Heritage Act, in accordance with the Statement of Significance: 1755 Bayview Avenue (Reasons for Designation) attached as Attachment 3 to the report (January 22, 2018) from the Acting Chief Planner and Executive Director, City Planning.
3. If there are no objections to the designation in accordance with the Ontario Heritage Act, City Council authorize the City Solicitor to introduce the necessary bill in Council.
4. If there are objections in accordance with the Ontario Heritage Act, City Council direct the City Clerk to refer the designation to the Conservation Review Board.
5. If the designation is referred to the Conservation Review Board, City Council authorize the City Solicitor and appropriate staff to attend any hearing held by the Conservation Review Board in support of Council's decision.
Background Information (City Council)
(January 22, 2018) Report from the Acting Chief Planner and Executive Director, City Planning on 1755 Bayview Avenue - Intention to Designate under Part IV, Section 29 of the Ontario Heritage Act
Transmittal from the Toronto Preservation Board (MM36.27a)
Motions (City Council)
That Councillor Jon Burnside be permitted to add to the agenda of today's meeting an urgent Motion without Notice concerning:
Intention to Designate under Part IV, Section 29 of The Ontario Heritage Act - 1755 Bayview Avenue
Reason for Urgency:
This Motion is urgent as the property is at risk of being demolished unless Council makes a decision immediately.