Item - 2018.MM36.13
- City Council adopted this item on January 31, 2018 without amendments.
MM36.13 - Unlocking the Opportunity to Revitalize Allan Gardens - by Councillor Kristyn Wong-Tam, seconded by Councillor Lucy Troisi
- Decision Type:
- 27 - Toronto Centre-Rosedale
City Council Decision
City Council on January 31 and February 1, 2018, adopted the following:
1. City Council adopt "Refresh: A Vision Document for Allan Gardens" as the guiding framework for the revitalization of Allan Gardens Park.
2. City Council direct the General Manager, Parks, Forestry and Recreation to consult with the Friends of Allan Gardens, Indigenous Place Making Council, the Garden District Residents Association and other key community stakeholders on a work plan to advance the principles of Refresh.
3. City Council direct the General Manager, Parks, Forestry and Recreation to report to the April 9, 2018 meeting of the Parks and Environment Committee on possible governance, programming, place-making projects and funding models to help realize this vision.
Background Information (City Council)
Refresh - A Vision Document for Allan Gardens - Part 1
Refresh - A Vision Document for Allan Gardens - Part 2
(February 1, 2018) Fiscal Impact Statement from the Interim Chief Financial Officer
Motions (City Council)
Speaker Nunziata advised Council that the provisions of Chapter 27, Council Procedures, require that Motion MM36.13 be referred to the Parks and Environment Committee. A two-thirds vote of the Council Members present is required to waive referral.