Item - 2017.MM28.23
- City Council adopted this item on April 26, 2017 without amendments.
- See also By-law 481-2018
MM28.23 - 70 Lowther Avenue - Intention to Designate under Part IV, Section 29 of the Ontario Heritage Act - by Councillor Joe Cressy, seconded by Councillor Kristyn Wong-Tam
- Decision Type:
- 20 - Trinity-Spadina
City Council Decision
City Council on April 26, 27 and 28, 2017, adopted the following:
1. City Council include the property at 70 Lowther Avenue on the City of Toronto's Heritage Register.
2. City Council state its intention to designate the property at 70 Lowther Avenue under Part IV, Section 29 of the Ontario Heritage Act, in accordance with the Statement of Significance: 70 Lowther Avenue (Reasons for Designation) attached as Attachment 3 to the report (April 6, 2017) from the Chief Planner and Executive Director, City Planning.
3. If there are no objections to the designation in accordance with the Ontario Heritage Act, City Council authorize the City Solicitor to introduce the necessary bill in Council.
4. If there are objections in accordance with the Ontario Heritage Act, City Council direct the City Clerk to refer the designation to the Conservation Review Board.
5. If the designation is referred to the Conservation Review Board, City Council authorize the City Solicitor and appropriate staff to attend any hearing held by the Conservation Review Board in support of Council's decision.
Background Information (City Council)
(April 6, 2017) Report from the Chief Planner and Executive Director, City Planning on Intention to Designate under Part IV, Section 29 of the Ontario Heritage Act - 70 Lowther Avenue
(April 20, 2017) Transmittal from the Toronto Preservation Board on 70 Lowther Avenue (MM28.23a)
Communications (City Council)
Motions (City Council)
Speaker Nunziata advised Council that the provisions of Chapter 27, Council Procedures, require that Motion MM28.23 be referred to the Toronto and East York Community Council. A two-thirds vote of the Council Members present is required to waive referral.