Item - 2014.MM48.1
- City Council adopted this item on February 19, 2014 without amendments.
MM48.1 - 150th Anniversary of Canadian Confederation - by Councillor Paul Ainslie, seconded by Councillor Michael Thompson
- Decision Type:
City Council Decision
City Council on February 19 and 20, 2014, adopted the following:
1. City Council direct the General Manager, Economic Development and Culture to engage with citizens and neighbouring municipalities to create a regional strategy for 2017, and host local sessions in libraries, arenas, and community centres to educate citizens about the Centennial and plan for the Sesquicentennial.
2. City Council direct the General Manager, Economic Development and Culture to promote our community to the Provincial and Federal governments with a view to staging a major Sesquicentennial event in Toronto.
3. City Council direct the General Manager, Economic Development and Culture to review our local Centennial history, and look to other past celebrations which may provide inspiration for 2017 planning.
4. City Council direct the General Manager, Economic Development and Culture to create a Toronto: 2017 Planning Committee to begin forming partnerships, consulting with residents, residents associations, as well as private sector organizations in planning Toronto-based 2017 initiatives.
Background Information (City Council)
Motions (City Council)
Vote (Adopt Item) Feb-20-2014 2:27 PM
|Result: Carried||Majority Required - MM48.1 - Adopt the item|
|Total members that voted Yes: 41||Members that voted Yes are Paul Ainslie, Maria Augimeri, Michelle Berardinetti, Shelley Carroll, Raymond Cho, Gary Crawford, Vincent Crisanti, Janet Davis, Glenn De Baeremaeker, Mike Del Grande, Frank Di Giorgio, Sarah Doucette, John Filion, Paula Fletcher, Doug Ford, Rob Ford, Mary Fragedakis, Mark Grimes, Norman Kelly, Mike Layton, Peter Leon, Gloria Lindsay Luby, Josh Matlow, Pam McConnell, Mary-Margaret McMahon, Joe Mihevc, Peter Milczyn, Denzil Minnan-Wong, Ron Moeser, Frances Nunziata (Chair), Cesar Palacio, John Parker, James Pasternak, Gord Perks, Anthony Perruzza, Jaye Robinson, David Shiner, Karen Stintz, Michael Thompson, Adam Vaughan, Kristyn Wong-Tam|
|Total members that voted No: 0||Members that voted No are|
|Total members that were Absent: 4||Members that were absent are Ana Bail„o, Josh Colle, Chin Lee, Giorgio Mammoliti|