Item - 2014.CC54.7
- City Council adopted this item on July 8, 2014 without amendments.
- See also By-law 727-2014
CC54.7 - Queen Street West (between Roncesvalles Avenue and Dufferin Street) - Restaurant Study Zoning By-law Appeal Settlement Offer
- Decision Type:
- 14 - Parkdale-High Park
City Council Decision
City Council on July 8, 9, 10 and 11, 2014, adopted the following:
1. City Council reject the settlement offer contained in Attachment 1 to the report (July 2, 2014) from the City Solicitor and the Chief Planner and Executive Director, City Planning.
2. City Council repeal Interim Control By-law 1393-2012.
3. City Council authorize the City Solicitor to consent to an adjournment of the hearing of the appeals of By-laws 1049-2013 and 1050-2013, pending input from the working group which Council has directed be established to develop better compliance with City by-laws regarding restaurants, bars and entertainment establishments, as per Motion MM45.16, adopted by City Council on December 16, 17 and 18, 2013.
4. City Council request the Chief Planner and Executive Director, City Planning and the City Solicitor to report in the first half of 2015 on the status of and for further direction regarding the Ontario Restaurant, Hotel and Motel Association's appeals of By-laws 1049-2013 and 1050-2013.
Background Information (City Council)
Communications (City Council)
(July 10, 2014) E-mail from Peter Thoma, Partner, urbanMetrics inc. (CC.New.CC54.7.2)
Motions (City Council)
Vote (Adopt Item) Jul-11-2014 4:57 PM
|Result: Carried||Majority Required - CC54.7 - Adopt the item|
|Total members that voted Yes: 21||Members that voted Yes are Paul Ainslie, Maria Augimeri, Ana Bail„o, Shelley Carroll, Raymond Cho, Janet Davis, Glenn De Baeremaeker, Sarah Doucette, John Filion, Paula Fletcher, Mike Layton, Chin Lee, Gloria Lindsay Luby, Josh Matlow, Mary-Margaret McMahon, Joe Mihevc, John Parker (Chair), Gord Perks, Ceta Ramkhalawansingh, David Shiner, Kristyn Wong-Tam|
|Total members that voted No: 10||Members that voted No are Vincent Crisanti, Doug Ford, Rob Ford, Mary Fragedakis, Mark Grimes, Norman Kelly, Peter Leon, Cesar Palacio, Jaye Robinson, Michael Thompson|
|Total members that were Absent: 14||Members that were absent are Michelle Berardinetti, Josh Colle, Gary Crawford, Mike Del Grande, Frank Di Giorgio, James Maloney, Giorgio Mammoliti, Pam McConnell, Denzil Minnan-Wong, Ron Moeser, Frances Nunziata, James Pasternak, Anthony Perruzza, Karen Stintz|
Declared Interests (City Council)
Councillor Frances Nunziata - as her brother is an agent for the restaurant association.