Item - 2013.EY25.14
- This item was considered by Etobicoke York Community Council on June 18, 2013 and was adopted with amendments.
EY25.14 - Preliminary Report - 2 Station Road - Zoning By-law Amendment Application
- Decision Type:
- 6 - Etobicoke-Lakeshore
Community Council Decision
Etobicoke York Community Council:
1. Directed staff to schedule a community consultation meeting for the lands at 2 Station Road together with the Ward Councillor.
2. Directed that Notice for the community consultation meeting be given to landowners and residents within 120 metres of the site, and expanded in consultation with the Ward Councillor, with the additional cost to be borne by the applicant.
3. Directed that Notice for the public meeting under the Planning Act be given according to the regulations under the Planning Act.
This application proposes additions to, and the internal conversion of, the existing Wesley Mimico United Church to facilitate the redevelopment of this site to a multi-use facility that includes new worship space, community uses and 40 seniors' apartments.
This report provides preliminary information on the above-noted application and seeks Community Council's directions on further processing of the application and on the community consultation process.
A community consultation meeting is targeted for Fall, 2013. The statutory Public Meeting is expected to be held in the first quarter of 2014, provided the applicant provides all required information and addresses staff comments in a timely manner.
That Etobicoke York Community Council adopt the recommendations contained in the report (May 29, 2013) from the Director, Community Planning, Etobicoke York District, with Recommendation 2 amended to read as follows:
2. Notice for the community consultation meeting be given to landowners and residents within 120 metres of the site, and expanded in consultation with the Ward Councillor, with the additional cost to be borne by the applicant.