Item - 2012.TE12.49
- This item was considered by Toronto and East York Community Council on January 10, 2012 and was adopted with amendments.
TE12.49 - Preliminary Report - 200 Dundas Street East, 241-251 Jarvis Street and 280 George Street - Zoning Amendment Application
- Decision Type:
- 27 - Toronto Centre-Rosedale
Community Council Decision
The Toronto and East York Community Council directed that:
1. Staff schedule a community consultation meeting for the lands at 200 Dundas Street East, 241-255 Jarvis Street and 280 George Street, together with the Ward Councillor.
2. Notice for the community consultation meeting be given to landowners and residents within 120 metres of the site, and to additional residents and owners to be determined in consultation with the Ward Councillor, with any additional mailing costs to be borne by the applicant.
3. Notice for the public meeting under the Planning Act be given according to the regulations under the Planning Act.
This application proposes to rezone the subject lands to permit the development of a new mixed use building comprised of two towers (48 storeys on the west side and 35 storeys on the east) atop a podium ranging in height from 2 to 10 storeys, with grade related retail and office, 693 residential units above and 352 parking spaces in a below-grade parking structure at 200 Dundas Street East, 241-251 Jarvis Street and 280 George Street.
This report provides preliminary information on the above noted application and seeks Community Council's direction on further processing of the application and on the community consultation process.
Next steps include a community consultation meeting which will be scheduled for February 2012. A final report is targeted for the third quarter of 2012. Target dates assume that the applicant will provide all required information in a timely manner.
That the recommendations in the report dated November 10, 2011, from the Director, Community Planning, Toronto and East York District, be adopted, subject to amending Recommendation 2 to read as follows:
"2. Notice for the community consultation meeting be given to landowners and residents within 120 metres of the site, and to additional residents and owners to be determined in consultation with the Ward Councillor, with any additional mailing costs to be borne by the applicant."