Item - 2011.TE9.32
- This item was considered by Toronto and East York Community Council on September 12, 2011 and was adopted with amendments.
TE9.32 - Preliminary Report - 2, 6 and 8 Gloucester Street and 601 and 613 Yonge Street - Zoning Amendment Application
- Decision Type:
- 27 - Toronto Centre-Rosedale
Community Council Decision
The Toronto and East York Community Council directed that:
1. Staff proceed with the scheduled community consultation meeting on October 11, 2011 for the lands at 2, 6 and 8 Gloucester Street and 601 and 613 Yonge Street together with the Ward Councillor.
2. Notice for the community consultation meeting be given to landowners and residents within 120 metres of the site, and to additional residents and owners to be determined in consultation with the Ward Councillor, with any additional mailing costs to be borne by the applicant.
3. Notice for the public meeting under the Planning Act be given according to the regulations under the Planning Act.
The proposed redevelopment retains the existing 5-storey heritage building on the west side of the property at 2 Gloucester Street (the former Masonic Hall including 601-613 Yonge Street). The existing rear addition at 6 Gloucester Street which includes the back half of 8 Gloucester Street will be demolished and replaced with a 29-storey tower containing 211 residential units and 202 square metres of retail space at grade. The existing semi-detached 2½-storey building at 8 Gloucester Street will be rehabilitated and incorporated into the base of the new development. The overall height of the building would be 99.7 metres including a mechanical penthouse. Access to a two level underground parking garage with 34 parking spaces is proposed from Gloucester Lane.
This report provides preliminary information on the above-noted application and seeks Community Council's directions on further processing of the application and on the community consultation process. Staff have scheduled a community consultation meeting for October 11, 2011. Staff anticipate submitting a final report on the application to Community Council in the second quarter of 2012. These target dates assumes that the applicant will provide all required information in a timely manner.
That the Toronto and East York Community Council adopt the recommendations in the report dated August 15, 2011, from the Director, Community Planning, Toronto and East York District, subject to amending Recommendation 2 to read as follows:
"2. Notice for the community consultation meeting be given to landowners and residents within 120 metres of the site, and to additional residents and owners to be determined in consultation with the Ward Councillor, with any additional mailing costs to be borne by the applicant."