Item - 2011.TE11.39
- This item was considered by Toronto and East York Community Council on November 2, 2011 and was adopted with amendments.
TE11.39 - Preliminary Report - 45 Charles Street East - Zoning Amendment Application
- Decision Type:
- 27 - Toronto Centre-Rosedale
Community Council Decision
The Toronto and East York Community Council directed that:
1. Staff schedule a community consultation meeting for the lands at 45 Charles Street East together with the Ward Councillor.
2. Notice for the community consultation meeting be given to landowners and residents within 120 metres of the site, and to additional residents and owners to be determined in consultation with the Ward Councillor, with any additional mailing costs to be borne by the applicant.
3. Notice for the public meeting under the Planning Act be given according to the regulations under the Planning Act.
The applicant proposes to add eight storeys and 94 residential units to an approved 39-storey residential building containing 417 residential units and approximately 28,422 square metres of residential gross floor area on a 0.209 hectare (0.518 acre) site located on the south side of Charles Street East between Church Street and Yonge Street. The site is municipally known as 45 Charles Street East.
This report provides preliminary information on the application and seeks Community Council's direction on further processing of the application and on the community consultation process.
The next step is to undertake a community consultation meeting to enable the public to review the applicant’s submission, and ask questions of City staff and the applicant.
A Final Report for this application is targeted for the second quarter of 2012.
That the recommendations in the report dated October 5, 2011 from the Director, Community Planning, Toronto and East York District, be adopted, subject to amending Recommendation 2 to read as follows:
"2. Notice for the community consultation meeting be given to landowners and residents within 120 metres of the site, and to additional residents and owners to be determined in consultation with the Ward Councillor, with any additional mailing costs to be borne by the applicant."