Notice of Proposal to Amend the City of Toronto Municipal Code: Chapter 694, Signs, General (the "Sign By-law") - 2025 Wilson Avenue
Notice is given that the Chief Building Official and Executive Director, Toronto Building, is reporting on a proposed amendment to Municipal Code Chapter 694, Signs, General (the "Sign By-law"), to allow for, and regulate, the display of one third party electronic ground sign at the premises municipally known as 2025 Wilson Avenue.
Planning and Housing Committee
The proposed amendment seeks to:
1. Add an area-specific amendment to the Sign By-law for the premises municipally known as 2025 Wilson Avenue to amend the Sign By-law to:
- Modify the general provision that every sign permit issued by the Chief Building Official for the erection or display of a third party sign shall expire five years from the date of issuance and is null and void on its expiry date, to require that the initial permit issued by Chief Building Official for the erection or display of the third party sign described below would expire 10 years from the date of issuance; and,
- Allow the premises municipally known as 2025 Wilson Avenue to contain one third party electronic ground sign containing two sign faces in a "v-shaped" configuration, measuring 14.63 metres horizontally by 4.27 metres vertically, containing electronic static copy along the southerly portion of the property and, with a total sign face area of approximately 62.5 square metres; and, a height (highest point of the sign measured from grade) of 13.8 metres (Proposed Sign); and,
- Allow the premises municipally known as 2025 Wilson Avenue to contain first party signs, in accordance with Section 694-21(I) of the Sign By-law.
The Chief Building Official and Executive Director, Toronto Building, is recommending that the Council of the City of Toronto refuse the area-specific amendment to the Sign By-law for 2025 Wilson Avenue.
The Planning and Housing Committee may recommend that the Council of the City of Toronto amend the Sign By-law to amend Schedule B, Signage Master Plans and Area Specific Amendments, to add a new area specific amendment to Schedule B, Signage Master Plans and Area Specific Amendments, to allow the specific premises to contain, one third party electronic ground sign and first party signs, in accordance with Section 694-21(I) of the Sign Bylaw.
At its meeting to be held by video conference and in person in Committee Room 1, Toronto City Hall, on Tuesday, May 31, 2022 commencing at 9:30 a.m., or as soon as possible thereafter, the Planning and Housing Committee of Toronto City Council will hear in person/video conference or by his or her counsel, agent or solicitor, any person who wishes to speak to the matter.
To obtain or view a copy of the report outlining the proposed amendments, you may view the Planning and Housing Committee agenda at http://app.toronto.ca/tmmis/decisionBodyProfile.do?function=doPrepare&decisionBodyId=1943#Meeting-2022.PH34, as of May 24, 2022.
To submit comments or make a presentation to the Planning and Housing Committee, please contact the Committee no later than 12:00 p.m. on May 30, 2022:
Nancy Martins, Administrator, Planning and Housing Committee,
Toronto City Hall, 100 Queen Street West,
10th Floor, Toronto, ON M5H 2N2,
E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, by no later than 12:00 p.m. on May 30, 2022.
To ask questions regarding the content of the report, contact:
Ted Van Vliet
Manager, Sign By-law Unit, Toronto Building
100 Queen Street West, Ground Floor, East Tower
Toronto ON M5H 2N2
Any comments received after the Committee meeting will be processed to Council.
If this matter is deferred at the Committee meeting or Council meeting or considered at a subsequent Committee or Council meeting, no additional notice will be provided other than the information on the subsequent Committee or Council agenda. Please contact the above City officials if you require notice in these cases.
The Planning and Housing Committee will make its final recommendations on May 31, 2022 which will be forwarded to City Council for its meeting on June 15-16, 2022.
Notice to people writing or making presentations to the Planning and Housing Committee: The City of Toronto Act, 2006 and the City of Toronto Municipal Code authorize the City of Toronto to collect any personal information in your communication or presentation to City Council or its Committees.
The City collects this information to enable it to make informed decisions on the relevant issue(s). If you are submitting letters, faxes, e-mails, presentations, or other communications to the City, you should be aware that your name and the fact that you communicated with the City will become part of the public record and will appear on the City’s website. The City will also make your communication and any personal information in it - such as your postal address, telephone number, or e-mail address - available to the public, unless you expressly request the City to remove it.
Many Committee, Board, and Advisory Body meetings are broadcast live over the internet for the public to view. If you speak at the meeting you will appear in the video broadcast. Video broadcasts are archived and continue to be publicly available.
If you want to learn more about why and how the City collects your information, write to the City Clerk’s Office, Toronto City Hall, 100 Queen Street West, Toronto ON, M5H 2N2 or call 416-397-4579.
For More Information Contact
Planning and Housing Committee
Toronto City Hall, 10th Floor, West Tower
100 Queen Street West
John D. Elvidge, City Clerk
May 20, 2022
Notice of Proposal to Amend the City of Toronto Municipal Code: Chapter 694, Signs, General (the "Sign By-law") - 2025 Wilson Avenue - View
Toronto Municipal Code Chapter 694, Signs, General
2025 Wilson Avenue
- Licensing > Proposal to amend the Municipal Code